Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I'm Tired

There's a guy at the mission. I think his name is Greg, but we call him "dreadlocks", because he has them. He is the most vile human being I know. I was taught, from an early age, to treat everyone the same. It doesn't matter what color or ethic background one is, we are all the same. Another motto I have lived be is that I'll be your best friend but don't cross me.

At the mission, we have chapel every night. We sing, pray, and have a sermon. There are guys in there who will sing with the best of them. But, when they get to the sleeping room, they curse and disrupt others.

Greg is the worst. His vocabulary is very limited by the words coming out of his mouth. You've heard the expression "cuss like a sailor"? He could out do a sailor. He starts at 8pm and goes until 10:30 nonstop, and then he starts back at 4am, despite us not having to get up until 5:30. As he yells and curses, it draws others into the fray.

And the worst part is no one will do anything about it. We complain, but they let him stay. He is very disruptive, even during meals. I wish I could say something, but he would hurt me. Maybe not physically, but psychologically and emotionally. At my fragile state, that might not be too good. He is probably suffering from something, too. We just need to know what it is, and take care of it. Meanwhile, no one can sleep, and people wonder shy I fall asleep in the library.

No comments: