Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hot Bath

Being in the homeless shelter, there are some things I truly miss. Things that most people take for granted. For example, there is no TV. I miss the nightly news. My favorite show is NCIS. It has started with new episodes, but I can't see them right now. Not even online, because we can't have laptops either. And, I can't watch the shows on the computers in the library, because I need headphones. Another thing I miss is music. No radios. I have to sit outside of a coffee shop on Main Street, where they play the oldies radio station. And, probably the biggest that I miss is a hot bath. I'm talking about a tub, where I can soak. A tub bath is great, because you can soak and think about your upcoming day or just the world in general. I have heard stories of people in the shelter going to a hospital just so they can have a decent bed and bath, as well as cable TV. It might be something to think about. Meanwhile, if you'll let me have a decent bath, I would appreciate it. Just for a couple of hours.

No comments: