Friday, April 17, 2009

Torture Controversy

I know most of my blog posts recently have been about my trials and tribulations. I can't say that I am anywhere near okay. I need help. I need a job. I need money, as I only have $100 in my bank account. I am not a scammer. Or a spammer. I am just a guy who has no one to help him. I am alone. Please go to PayPal, if you can help me. My acct. is durst11@gmail.com. I have no desire to publicize any gift. I just need a chance to regain my life. I would like to open a store of pop culture memorabilia one day, as I have a huge collection for sale. I have 30 years of business experience and have had a lot of success in selling. I just have a knack of knowing what people want or get them to want something. Please help me get back on my feet. Thank you.

Now that we have gotten that out of the way, I wanted to weigh in on the torture controversy. I suppose that what I am about to say will sound strange, especially if you knew me in college, when I had very long hair, and I was very big in the anti-war movement. Maybe it is because I am older. I don't know. But, I have little patience for those folks upset because the United States tortured some terrorist suspects. Let me remind you folks. We were attacked on September 11, 2001. Over 3000 people were killed, mostly Americans. They were people that were just going about their jobs. Except for those at the Pentagon, they were private citizens. People who left home that day to just go to their jobs. They had no idea that they would be incinerated or have to jump to their deaths. It was a horrible day. It brought all Americans together. There were screams for retaliation. We went after those responsible. I am not pleased about Bin Laden still out there, but we were able to capture some of those who planned that attack. We had to get information out of them to get others. This is war. War is not a polite affair. "Oh, sir. Would you be so kind to tell me why you did what you did?" It doesn't work that way. So, please don't tell me that we shouldn't have done what we did to get information. That's the real world. And, I bet that if you had a family member in one of the towers, you wouldn't be criticizing America. There is a problem with some people. Short memories. I hope we will never forget. I know I won't.

No comments: