Thursday, April 30, 2009

State Senate

Today, I was to have a meeting at The State House with our Lieutenant Governor Andre Bauer. He was running behind, so I didn't get to visit with him but just a couple of minutes. I wanted to see about assistance for housing. His chief of staff asked me if I was going to accept the job, but nothing was offered, so I wonder what that was about. Andre did invite me to come to the Senate to be recognized. I wrote a brief bio, and it was read on the floor by Senator Mike Fair of Greenville, since technically that is where my address remains for now. So, the Senators applauded, and I waved. It was a bit embarrassing, but I guess I am now in the minutes. I hope to have a longer meeting with Andre later. He is a nice guy. I have a meeting tomorrow with a minister of a church, so we will see where that leads.

No comments: