Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools

Today is April Fool's Day. It was a big day in our house growing up. My Mother loved this day. Every year, my Mother would wake me up with the words "It's snowing!". I would wake up real fast; look out the window; and then she would say "April Fool's". The first couple of years, she tricked me. Then, it became a joke between me and her. We had a dogwood tree outside my window. One year, the flowers had fallen on the ground, and it looked like snow. Mother and I had a laugh over that. By the time I got to high school, Mother's joke was wearing thin. She would still come into my room on April 1st and say "It's snowing". I would wake up and say "Yeah right". And then came my senior year. She came into my room and said "It's snowing". I said "Yeah right". She said to me to look out of the window, and it really was snowing. So, Mother got the last laugh. I sometimes wish I had kids to play that joke on. Maybe you can. Thanks, Mother, for making our house one with laughter.

No comments: