Monday, March 9, 2009

What's Important

As this seems to be the last week I will be living here at this place for 14 months, I was thinking about what is important with me. For some, it is status or reputation. How do others see you. Keep up with the Joneses. For others, it is money or job. Still others see family or home. Without sounding too mushy, I have found in this 14-month period (I was going to say exile) about what is important in my life. I have had a lot of time to reflect. I don't want to embarrass anyone in this assessment, and I am sorry if I do, but I just need to say it. The first thing is friends. I have written about this a lot on this blog. I can't name them all, but I would like to single out a few. To Aubrey--you give me laughs and inspiration. You have shown me the big picture and encouraged me to reach for the stars. To Thom and Mary Ann--you are my second family. I don't tell you enough how much you mean to me. I hope these laptop keys are waterproof for the tears I am shedding. To Chris and Janita--you understand my creativity and plight, and you don't judge me. Our distance may be great, but our closeness is right there. To Mary--thanks for letting me vent. You kept me going, when things were dark. To Peggy--I wish you would get a computer, so you could read this, but you have given me wisdom and care. To Del--you and I may not agree on some things, but you understand where I am coming from. Tolerance. To Jimmy--thanks for letting me stay here. We may not have done much together, but you allowed me to be here for this time. I wish you only the best. To Joni--thank you for believing in me and keeping me positive. You have showed me about life out there and not be consumed with the small stuff. After my friends, I have realized about the beauty of nature and the goodness of people. God has given us a wonderful life. When I have felt that I should check out, someone or something has come along to show me a lesson of life. I don't know what the future holds. No one does. Only God knows. He will direct me. Proverbs 3:5-6. I still need help in finding my way. Please help me. And, things will be better tomorrow.

No comments: