Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Some Observations

I just wanted to say a few things today. I know I haven't written in a while, and I apologize for that. A lot has been happening lately, mainly having to do with moving. I still wish someone would let me stay with them, at least for a while. I am praying. First of all, I was in Macy's at Columbia Mall yesterday. I asked an associate what was selling, and he said nothing. I was reminded of how to spin anything, by a joke that came out during the Cold War between the US and Russia. There was a two-man race between the two countries. The US runner won. In the US newspaper, the headline ran that the US runner beat the USSR runner. In the Russian paper, the headline ran that the USSR runner came in second, and the US runner came next to last. There is a moral there. You can spin anything to your advantage. Also yesterday, I went to Wal-Mart, Target, Belk, and Kohl's looking for pajamas. Mine are torn, because of an exposed spring from my mattress. Do you know that you can't find pajamas? Wal-Mart had a few really ugly ones for someone much bigger than me, but nobody else did. There were "sleep pants" but no pajamas. Of course, if I wanted Spiderman pajamas, I could have gotten little boys pajamas, but I don't think I could fit into those. I am going to try K-Mart, but otherwise, I guess I'll have to go online. I don't like buying clothes online, so we will see. I know some folks sleep in the nude. I tried that, but it just isn't comfortable for me. Not to judge others. So, also last night I went to a rally for the "I Believe" license plate that they are trying to get past the courts in SC. I got to talk to Andre Bauer afterwards. He told me not to sell my Mother's wedding ring, as I would regret it later. I told him that I was close to doing so. He truly cares about my situation, and he is not a typical politician. As Joni told me, Andre is one of the good guys. He also gave me a pen, which may not seem like a lot, but it was a good thought. Thanks Andre. I know people care about me. It is just going to be a long, hard road that need to get on. Help me get the car started.

No comments: