Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Moving Furniture

Well, I am back from moving some furniture to Columbia to the storage facility. I rented a cargo van from Enterprise, and it was much bigger than I was used to driving vanwise. I loaded it up last night with the stuff I am taking--a bookcase, my Grandmother's rocker, a stereo cabinet, a table, my bed frame, and the sign from the record department at Belk. I also noticed yesterday that a crack has developed in the windshield of my car. Years ago, some kids threw a rock at my car, and it put a hole in my windshield. I took it to a glass place which patched up the hole and didn't charge me anything. I don't know if it was the snow we had or what, but a crack developed yesterday, radiating from both sides of the patch. I fear I will need a new windshield, but I can't afford the $250 deductable from my insurance. Anyway, back to the move. So, I pulled out of the parking lot this morning at 7:30 to drive to Columbia. The side mirrors weren't set right, so I had a time seeing both sides of the van. I would like to personally apologize to the man driving the small car that I almost hit. After getting down the road a ways, I pulled off at a rest area and fixed the mirrors. It was smooth sailing after that. I got to the storage place and unloaded the furniture. My place is about full now. There is nothing left for me to put in there. What I have left is my clothes and necessities. It only took 2 months to do it all. I guess it would have been shorter, but I had to do everything in my car, except for today. Now, I need to find a place to live. And a job. And somehow $250 to fix my windshield. Or a new car. And a million dollars. Seriously, I feel good about what I have done. I know life isn't perfect, but I would like a break once. Just one. Bueller? Bueller?

No comments: