Thursday, February 26, 2009

Countdown Continues

I have just about moved everything to Columbia. I took the last of the boxes today. The only thing left to move is some furniture, and I am only going to take the things that I can carry out by myself. I had wanted someone to help me with a couple of pieces, but unfortunately no one came forward to help me, so some things will just have to stay. Maybe my roommate could sell them to make up for the rent I never paid him. I have two trash bags of clothes that I can no longer wear, so I guess they will be donated to Goodwill. So, what furniture will I be taking? There is a rocker that belonged to my Grandmother. There is a bookcase that belonged to my brother. There is a cardboard desk that I got from the Census, when I worked for them. There is a lightweight table that I got from Belk that they made for a display. There is a Sony stereo cabinet that I got from Rich's, when we closed the TV dept. There is my typewriter table that I use for my laptop. And maybe my bed frame. I sleep on the same mattress that my parents bought for me in 1962. The springs are poking me, and I have had to put cardboard boxes between them and me. It isn't the most comfortable sleep, so I am leaving the mattress. The things I am going to have to leave are three bookcases, my chest of drawers, my dresser, and two large Pioneer speakers that John Wrightenberry gave me. I haven't told my roommate yet that he is getting them. He told me tonight that I could stay here as long as he is, but I really need to cut and run. He can be nice. Sometimes. So, what else am I taking? I have the essentials--clothes, toiletries, medicine, a small TV, a radio, a box of papers, a box of stuff, and my bedding. That's really about it. I also have to go by Simple Pleasures in Simpsonville and pick up the autographs. Wherever I end up, I am going to need something to sell on the internet just to get some money coming in. I have not sold anything since Christmas and have felt like I have been denied from making any money. So, I can sell autographs, concert t-shirts, and custom caps. The memorabilia and records are in the storage facility, so I can't get to them right now. It depends on where I go. If someone takes me in Columbia, I can have better access to my stuff. If I stay in Greenville a while longer, I will have to just go with what is here, but I need to get back into that activity. Do I seem to be rambling? Yes, I guess so. So, the countdown continues. I don't know when. I can be very quiet. Just in case you may have an extra room. I need to be out by next week.

No comments: