Thursday, January 15, 2009

Some Stories

For anyone who has read my blogs recently, you will know that they have been rather dark. I am sorry about that. I seem to have hurt people close to me. I hope that they will know that I do love them, but the stress of being potentially homeless in two weeks, as well as not having any money has caused me to say things that I didn't mean. So, I thought I would write something different.
1. Anyone who knows me knows that I am kind of thin. I drink an Ensure a day, because I need the vitamins. A friend at Macy's told me that Slimfast has the same vitamins and costs less, so I thought I would try it. I went to Food Lion and bought some cans. When I took them to the register, the cashier looked at me and the cans and back at me. I looked at her and said, "This stuff really works". Her mouth dropped open. I was amused.
2. When Macy's was taking over Rich's, I had a couple come in and asked me if I had seen much difference between Macy's and Rich's. With a straight face, I told them that the only thing I had seen was that Macy's required all of its employees to watch the Thanksgiving Parade, and then we would have to write a report on it. I couldn't believe how gullible this couple was, but they believed me.
3. And one a bit more inspirational--if you ever watch birds, you will see many eat on the ground. But, when danger shows up like a cat, they will fly up into the trees. People need to be more aware of danger and rising up above it.
Okay, that's all for now. Let us hope we can all learn from this and will get through it.

No comments: