Friday, January 16, 2009

Sitting Next to Me

I wrote on an earlier post about being picked last for sports stuff, despite being good. People would just look at me and figure that I wasn't good. I have seen it before in auditions. Casting directors look for body type, before they look at talent. Everything is about appearance. I tend to look at first impressions, too. Many times, I find that I am wrong about first impressions. People can surprise you. Whether it be in work or love, it is important to get to know someone. Do not assume. I was thinking about another aspect of my life. When I go into a room first and sit down, the next person comes in and doesn't sit next to me. Then, the third won't sit next to me, and so on. When I went to a funeral earlier this year, I was by myself. I sat down on a center pew on the end. No one came to sit next to me or even near me on my pew. Despite the fact that the church was packed with people. I don't think it is a smelling issue. I just don't have anyone to sit next to me. If I come in later, I will find a seat. Many times, those people I sit next to will give me a dirty look as if they were saving that seat for someone else. Maybe I am paranoid about this, but it has happened too many times for me to be paranoid. It is just very rare for someone to sit next to me. Please sit next to me. Teach me to love again. Give me a hug and tell me you care. 1/31.

No comments: