Tuesday, January 13, 2009

CSN

One of my favorite songs is by Crosby Stills & Nash and is called "Long Time Gone". There is a great line in it that says, "The darkest hour is always just before the dawn". How profound is that? I am in the darkest hour. I know there must be a dawn, but it is pretty cloudy now. A friend told me yesterday that she played the lottery and won $10,000. Wouldn't that be great? My life is the product of a lot of songs. I have written a few of them, but I heard one on the radio a few minutes ago--"Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" by Elton John. It speaks volumes as to how I feel now. I have family who won't help me, or feel that their situation doesn't warrant it. That's okay. I have learned to deal with that. I have asked a lot of famous people to help me, but none have. That's okay. I have learned to deal with that. I have friends who won't speak to me anymore. That's okay. I have learned to deal with that. I have a few friends who have taken an interest in my plight. I have a friend who continues to tell me to believe. I am trying to believe, but it is so hard. I have a friend who tells me to continue to pray. I am trying to pray, but is anyone truly listening? I know I have talents. I know I have worth for this world. I know me. Who else does? I don't know what my future holds. But, my future now ends on January 31st, unless something happens very soon. If you feel like you can, please send me something through Paypal at durst11@gmail.com. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. And, if you know of where I can stay for a few days or work, please let me know. God help us all.

No comments: