Sunday, January 18, 2009

Scary Time

It is now two weeks, until I am effectively homeless. I know that I have people praying for me. And to them, I thank you. There are a few nibbles in jobs, but nothing definite. I wish, at this point, I could be more positive. After all, we don't know what tomorrow will bring. No one really does. That is what makes life fun. But, it is also scary. I am a person who needs to be secure. Without that security, I am very scared. I have friends who tell me not to worry. It will be okay. I know that it will be okay. Am I like the boy who cried wolf one too many times? Yeah, maybe. But, the wolf is at the door. He is clawing through the wood. I can see his fangs. I can feel his breath. That is what makes me scared. The scaredest I think I have ever been was the night of Hurricane Hugo. To hear that wind howling and limbs breaking was a horrible night. I couldn't hear the wind for years after without having flashbacks of that scary night. The lesson learned there was that we got through it, and life went on. Neighbors helped neighbors get through it. I thankfully have friends who are helping me get through this scary time. I am very grateful for them. I am scared. Hold my hand. Tell me it will be all right. Show love to me. And, please don't judge me in my anxiety. I hope you never have to go through this. God help me.

No comments: