Thursday, January 29, 2009

Job Fair

I went to the job fair in Columbia yesterday. There were a lot of people there, but it was pretty orderly. One woman hit on me, and some employers thought we were together. I eventually ditched her. I saw a girl I used to work with at Macy's, but don't ask me what her name was. I don't remember, but I was cordial. As for the employers, I think I made a good impression on a couple. Some folks wanted me to work on straight commission. I don't want to do that, because it is sort of like not working at all. There were some employers who wanted only young people. Good idea, but the older folks are more dedicated. After leaving 10 resumes, I left to go back to Greenville and got in a driving rainstorm. You couldn't see, but it ended soon. It was good to see the rain, but I don't like to drive in it. I guess it goes back to when I had a wreck in the rain, when I lived in Fort Worth. People are crazy who speed. I was crazy that day. One learns from one's mistakes. Or, they should learn. I am living off of hope right now. Day to day.

No comments: