Saturday, January 31, 2009

1/31

Today is January 31st. So? Anyone, who has followed this blog, will know that today was to be my eviction date. Thankfully, he has given me a little more time due primarily to the weather. I can't move in the rain or the bitter cold. We may even get snow this Tuesday. But, a lot has gone on this month. I have moved the majority of my stuff to a storage facility in Columbia. I haven't been able to sell online, so I have lost money. In fact, I am about to run out of money. I had to get a little work done on my car yesterday, just to keep it running, but they told me that I needed $800 worth of work on it, which I don't have. I do have $200 to my name. Woohoo. I came close to selling my Mother's wedding ring yesterday, but I have put that off for a couple of days. I went to a job fair. Maybe something will come of that, but the odds are against. More of my friends are losing their jobs. I can't afford a moving van to move the bigger things like furniture. My roommate woke me up at 4:30 this morning screaming. He does that a lot. I haven't had a decent night's sleep in days. I don't like taking sleeping pills, but it may come to that. This is a very depressing time. It is a scary time. Sometimes I feel that it is good to get all of my stuff to one place, so it will be easier for my brother to distribute, when I'm gone. I know I can't think like that, but a lot of thoughts have passed through my brain this month. Thoughts of family. Thoughts of friends. Thoughts of what if... So, I am off to Columbia with another load today in my car. I don't have much more to go, and barring disaster, I should have it out soon. Funny how your life can change so dramatically in such a short time. It isn't that funny. I'm not laughing. I am still trying to believe.

No comments: