Sunday, January 25, 2009

Best Friends

As I have said many times, friends are very important to me. They always have been. After all, much of my growing up years were spent without friends. So, I was thinking about those people during my life who would be considered as my "best friend". If you don't see your name on this list, please don't think I have slighted you. There are degrees of friends. You could be a very good friend. You could be a true friend. You could be a life-long friend. Quite frankly, each of my best friends may not be around anymore, but they were there for me at the time. So, here is a partial list of my best friends:
1. Paul Price--New Orleans nextdoor neighbor. I don't know what happened to him.
2. Bruce Campbell--Columbia nextdoor neighbor. I don't know what happened to him either.
3. Tom Phillips--first few years of school, until we had a big fight. We were in U.N.C.L.E. together.
4. Richard Owen--high school. Very creative. He is a writer/editor now.
5. Sonny Smith--church and school. He works for the school district now.
6. Doug Bryan--seminary. He teaches at the college now.
7. Del Bazemore/Chris Sanders--The Cobbwebs.
8. Thom Stone--work and life. He and his family took me in.
9. Joni James--work and life. She is a caring soul.
If I left one out, I'm sorry. These are the folks who have been there and continue to be. I'm sure there are more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)