Thursday, January 22, 2009

25 Things

There is an internet thread out there now about 25 things that people may not know about other poeple. So, I thought I would do it here. So, here are 25 things you may not know about me:

1. I was born in New Orleans, LA.
2. I share the unofficial world record of the number of people that can get in a log ride at Six Flags (7).
3. Burt Lancaster taught me how to dance for the film "The Midnight Man".
4. I have appeared in four major films--"The Midnight Man", "Semi-Tough", "Chattahoochee", and "The Program".
5. I gave locations to Dennis Hopper which later appeared in his film "Chasers".
6. My picture appeared in a national magazine, when I was 5 taken in New Mexico.
7. I wrote a commercial for OK Cereal, when I was 5, but they didn't do it.
8. I wrote a one-act play, while in seminary, that was used as a commercial for Wendy's.
9. I graduated from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary with a major in Communications that they invented for me.
10. I was in Who's Who in American Junior Colleges while at Anderson College.
11. I ran for student body president at Presbyterian College and effectively won, but the election was stolen.
12. I was in three educational television shows--"The Charleston Tea Party", "Reconstruction", and "Back Injury".
13. I write songs for a band in Nashville called "The Cobbwebs". Our first cd was in the top ten in Portugal.
14. I love James Bond films and The Beatles music.
15. My debate team beat a team from Harvard, making us one of the top debate teams in the country, while I was at Anderson College.
16. I could have been in "Forrest Gump" but turned it down to be in "The Program".
17. I am a political and news junkie.
18. I collect pop culture memorabilia and sell it on the internet. My autograph collection is in a store in Simpsonville SC called "Simple Pleasures" at 104 W. Curtis St. downtown.
19. I used to have the second-largest Beatles video collection in the world.
20. I have written and performed puppet shows for inner-city kids in Philadelphia and Nashville.
21. I have written and performed Bible-character monologues with a modern flair.
22. I love strawberry ice cream and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
23. I play regular Nintendo games.
24. I have visited 30 US states and 9 foreign countries.
25. I am a nationally published writer.

Okay, there you go. I'm sure I could do 25 more, but this will get you going. Enjoy.

No comments: