Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Being Tired

Okay, another confession. No, it isn't juicy either. But, here goes. I love to sleep. Sleep is good. I can escape through my dreams, and they are usually good. I'm not going to share any here right now, because I don't want to embarrass anyone. But, I love to sleep. I have been pretty tired these last few days from trying to move all of my stuff by myself. I have made several trips in my car to Columbia with loads. I have a little ways to go, but I think I am over the hump. But, it has made me tired. I have even been waking up around 5:30 every morning, which is about an hour before normal, but I have discovered the ability of doing some work, while it is still pretty quiet. The downside to getting up earlier is that I am tired. So, last night was kind of special. I had watched the goings on in Washington all day and into the night. Being a political junkie, I was in hog heaven. Then "NCIS" came on at 8. It was a rerun, but it is my favorite show, so I had to watch it. My eyes became pretty heavy. I fell asleep. I woke up at 9pm mad, because I missed my show. So, I turned off the TV and decided to lie down for a few minutes. I woke up at 6 this morning, still in my clothes from yesterday. I was tired, and my body was telling me that I needed to relax. I am a firm believer of listening to your body. Your body will tell you when to eat and what. Your body will tell you what you can do and when. You can't fight the tired feeling. I wonder how our new President and his wife did it last night with all of the parties and dances, going into the early morning hours. Maybe they can sleep with their eyes open. I used to be able to do that. So, that is my confession for today. I love sleeping. But, never while I am working. I knew a guy who would go into the stock room and sleep during the day, when he was supposed to be working. He was fired. I wouldn't do that. Just in case anybody was thinking of hiring me.

No comments: