Sunday, December 21, 2008

Thanks

For any regular reader of my blog, you would have noticed that I try and have a two-word title. Sometimes, it has gone to three words, but that is rare. It is my little trick. The thing that sets my bog apart from some others. After all, the title of my blog is "My World", which is two words. So, it just makes sense to have these things have a title with two words. That is not the case today. Why? Because I felt like one word. The word is "thanks". It is a simple word. It is a word we use with more familiar people. With friends. If you use "thank you", you usually use those words to people you don't really know, or it is more formal. But thanks is something you tell to friends. It is shorter than thank you. I see "ty" or "thx" online. People know what you mean. So with that information, I wanted to write today about Mary. She is a friend from college who has helped me see some things about myself that I haven't seen in a long time. One of the worst feelings one can have is a feeling of worthlessness. You feel like nobody cares or take you for granted. When Van Johnson died recently, my thought was that I thought he had died some time ago. He was out of the public eye. I wonder if he thought nobody cared, especially after he stopped acting. But, Mary showed me yesterday, through several mental exercises, that I do have worth and need to act on it. It is not an overnight process. It will take time. But, I need to be positive. My friend Gwen says to remember "Head to the Sky". I know what she means. It is being in a constant state of prayer. Don't be so negative. Trust God. Laughter is the best medicine. I still need help. We all know that. Please scroll down to my blog on "Life's Lessons". I have some critical issues that need to be addressed. I know that. I am going to need help, as I cannot do it all myself. Please help me. And thanks, Mary.

No comments: