Monday, December 22, 2008

Rollercoaster Worry

I love rollercoasters. Thanks to my friends Del and Chris, I have gone on some of the best rollercoasters in the world. Most of the time, I don't ride on coasters that go upside down, as I tend to get sick. Here is a little known fact for you. Did you know that when you ride on one of the coasters at Six Flags Over Texas, you can sing the first verse of "Amazing Grace" before you get to the first hill? True story. The thing about rollercoasters with me is that I am deathly afraid of them. I love them, but I am still very scared. I haven't been on one in a while. I don't know if my heart can take it now, but I bet you that I could still do it given the chance. But, there is one ritual that I go through just before riding a coaster. I worry. I worry about the brakes. I worry about the cars. I worry about me falling out. I worry about getting stuck. I worry about getting sick. I just worry. Once I get on the ride, I find that it is fun. At the end of the ride, I want to ride it again. It is like life. I have been very scared over the last few weeks about my future. There are a lot of unknowns. Where will I live? Where will I work? Can I get hired? How will I afford to eat? How will I afford to fix my car? The list is endless. But, I came to a realization yesterday. I am killing myself worrying. If I give it up to God, it will be okay. He will provide. I would have been dead long ago if not for God. I just had to remind myself of this. It will be okay. Whatever your concept of God is, it is okay. I still ask folks to scroll down my blog to read "Life's Lessons". Maybe it is God's way of communicating with you and touching your heart. I can't speak for Him. And while you are at it, say a prayer for a 7 year old boy named Christian. He is in the hospital with a brain tumor and will have surgery tomorrow. A tough time at Christmas, but I have faith he will be okay. We will all be okay. God bless.

No comments: