Friday, December 19, 2008

Still More Changes

Hello boys and girls. Welcome to another installment of my world that sucks. I feel like I am an embarrassment to my family. The one they don't talk about. The one that they just shake their heads. I did a play in college called "Where Did We Go Wrong?" It was about the fourth wise man, and the commercialization of Christmas, but it could be the title of my autobiography. I tell you where I went wrong. I should have said I would teach at those conservative Christian colleges that wanted me, despite having some beliefs that they didn't share. I could have lived a lie and been successful. Or, I could have said yes to the bank in 1976 that wanted me to head up their fledgling computer operation. But no. I wanted a job that had windows, and this was in a basement. Had I taken it, I would be wealthy today. I know you can't really say "what if", but I think of things like that, because of the news that my roommate will most likely leave his job on Dec. 31st, rather than January 16th. That two weeks that I won't have. I don't know when he will move to Clemson, but it doesn't include me. Again, I plead to anyone reading this. If you know of a job, I can do almost anything, except for lumberjack or driving a stick shift. Please look down the blog page for "Life's Lessons". Maybe you will learn something. Thanks again, Thomas. He knows why. Chris, please sell one of my songs to an artist. And, send me half of the money. I am getting desperate. You know, children's food isn't half bad once you get used to the taste. The Cobbwebs could have been a good band, if we didn't have such opinionated people. The music was commercial. People said it was good. Anybody listening? And if I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

No comments: