Saturday, December 13, 2008

Not Sleeping

I have a confession to make. Is it a juicy confession? Is it a confession about an illegal event? No. But, it is a confession nevertheless. Here it is. Ready? Okay, here goes. I dread weekends. Oh, why? Weekends are supposed to be fun. Aren't they? You always hear about people looking forward to weekends. So, why do I dread weekends? Because I know that I won't get any sleep. I roommate tends to stay up all night on Friday and Saturday nights and then sleep all during the day on Saturday and Sunday. Consequently, we don't do anything together. But, why would that affect my sleep? Because he moans and groans, and sometimes yells out during the night. That wakes me up. Then, when I wake up, I hear the sounds of the night, like the cat in the alley, or the sirens, or the train far off. It is kind of interesting to hear the sounds of the night. You kind of wonder why all of these people and things are not sleeping. But, I guess Greenville is a city that doesn't sleep. New York City cannot claim that title by themselves. When I worked at Macy's, there were times when I would have to go to work at 6am, so I would have to get up around 4:30 to get ready for work. I would cut on the TV to see a lot of weird stuff that you just couldn't see during the day. A lot of infomercials and other stuff. The other stuff was more interesting. But, I am not going there. Okay, mind of the gutter now. So, anyway I would drive to work and see bars closing up, and police cars speeding by. There weren't many people up at that time of the morning, but there were a few. Perhaps my roommate wants to add to that small group. They say that musicians who go late at night performing sleep all day. They say that folks who work late shifts sleep all day. My roommate is neither one of those. And what is so strange is that Sunday-Thursday, he sleeps at a normal time and wakes up at a normal time, although the alarm goes off a few times before he gets up. Then, when he gets back here after work, he complains about being tired. I think he is out of whack. But, I need my sleep. My right eye is jumping a bit this morning. Does anyone have any suggestions? I cannot afford headphones, and ear plugs won't drown out the moaning. Maybe a change of venue?

No comments: