Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Cat

My roommate has a bad habit of not talking to me. He was supposed to have outpatient surgery tomorrow, and told me a week ago that he needed me to take him to the hospital. No problem. I asked him today what time was his appointment, and he told me he had cancelled the surgery until later. Thanks for telling me. Then, he sent an email to me this afternoon forwarded from a friend of his about a cat. The person was thanking my roommate for taking the cat and giving it a home. I knew nothing about the cat. It is a two year old male cat that was owned by somebody else, who couldn't take care of it and was about to be done away with, when it was rescued by somebody else. The cat is supposedly litter box trained, but I have a lot of valuable books and records here. I cannot afford to have a cat mess this stuff up. Thankfully, there are two rooms, where I can close the doors, but there is stuff in the living room that the cat could get into. Where is the cat going to sleep? Who is going to take care of it? I can answer the second question. That will be me, because I don't have a job, and my roommate is gone most of the days. What is going to happen on weekends, when my roommate sleeps all day and stays up all night? Will the cat howl, and keep me awake? This is quite upsetting. I don't mind pets. I think they can be a stress reliever, but this place is not set up for a cat. Unless, he keeps it in his room, and will mess up his clothes. Then, I guess it would be okay, but that isn't going to happen. Another reason why I need to move. Please, if anybody has a room where I can stay for a while, let me know. I prefer Columbia. Hint Hint.

No comments: