Sunday, November 9, 2008

I'm Invisible

Have you ever wanted to be invisible? Imagine hearing people what they really think of you. Or see what people really look like. I apparently can become invisible, when I am in my car. I was driving down I-26 last week, when I got to the Peak exit. This exit has a lot of accidents, because it has such a short entrance. A truck, towing a cart, came on the interstate. I was right behind him, and he didn't slow. I had to quickly move into the left lane, which had cars in it, and thankfully I didn't hit anyone, but it was a decision that if I had not made that second, I would be dead now. I wonder why people enter the road in front of me, when there is no one behind me. If they could wait just a bit longer, it would be smooth sailing, but maybe I was invisible. Is it because they are thrill-seekers, or is it because they are blind? Maybe a little bit of both. But, what if I had died but didn't know it? Could there be a parallel universe, where I could be driving my car, and someone is in another universe? I suppose we could find out, if I hit them. Could I use the defense that I thought I was invisible? Yeah, they would put me in a rubber room. Hey, good idea.

No comments: