Sunday, October 19, 2008

Undisclosed Location

I am writing this from an undisclosed location. All I can say is that I am at a place, where I could watch the Clemson game, Alabama game, Applachian State game, and the Carolina game yesterday. I was in football heaven. A shout-out to JJ--I wish I had a tape of your national TV appearance. So, yesterday was quite interesting. Before I got here, I went by Fluor Field in downtown Greenville to catch a little of "Bo Hopkins Day". I didn't know he was from Greenville, but I knew he was from SC. Anyway, I heard a country singer that I didn't know. Then came The Out-of-Towners, which was a beach band. Some of the members of The Swinging Medallions were also there, so they all joined onstage with Bo for a jam of "Double Shot". It was really good and quite funny. A few minutes later, Bo was walking around, and I got to meet him. I told him that we had something in common, in that we had both worked with Burt Reynolds. I told him that I was in "Semi-Tough". He said he remembered, and I am not quite sure if he thought he was supposed to know me as an actor, but it was funny. Then, he said he was in "White Lightning", and I told him I knew. Then, he invited me to get some food. He was very personable. He headed on to find a place for a smoke break. BTW, he smokes unfiltered Camels, which I found to be appropriate. We talked a little further about a project that he has coming up that he is producing on Shoeless Joe Jackson. He seemed disappointed that I was leaving, but I had to get to the football. I didn't get an autograph, but I have a new friend. Everyone was Bo's friend yesterday. Did you know that he was in "American Graffiti"? Or the TV pilot for "Charlie's Angels"? Or "The Wild Bunch"? Yep, that's Bo. Not all of my teams won yesterday. That is usually the way, but it was a good day.

No comments: