Friday, October 17, 2008

Thanks Friends

I know that regular readers of this blog will know there is a familiar theme of the importance of friends. One of my many faults is that I have trouble expressing myself in person, but that I do very well expressing myself by writing. It allows me to think before saying something, at least usually. I have been known to write something without thinking about the consequences, but I am learning to edit myself. I have so much to say to people in person. Maybe I am afraid of rejection or just that they will laugh and think I am not serious. When it comes to my friends, I am dead serious. They mean the world to me. At the risk of embarrassing anyone, I would like to single out a few people who mean a lot to me, for one reason or another. Some of you may not know these people, but they are all a part of my soul. If I forget anyone, please forgive me. We may do another one of these in the future, so stay tuned. These are not in any real order. Here goes. Pam--she came along at a time when my world was quickly coming to an end. She showed me that I have self-worth. A smile can do that. Konnie--she makes me laugh, despite knowing we both were having tough times. But, she is also very deep. And she cared. Aubrey--the encourager. She is very old for her young age, and I mean that as a compliment. Maybe it is because she is from Ohio, or maybe it is because she is a creative soul. Joni--she is a listener. We have shared a lot in the last year or two. For some reason, she and I have a strong friendship. She is also one who cares. She has a kind heart. Thom and Mary Ann--my other family. When they saw I wasn't having a family Christmas, they allowed me to share their holiday with them. I share Easter and Thanksgiving with them too, as well as other times, when we can get together. They have been too kind to me without making a big deal of it. There is nothing like having a family. Talula--we have known each other since college, and even went to Europe together. She has a big heart and continues to care. Mary--another friend from college. We have rekindled our friendship recently, and she understands the issues I am going through. Another creative soul. Jimmy--another friend from college. He opened his home to me, when it was impossible for me to go on in my situation at Macy's. I fear I have outstayed my welcome, but I will always thank him for his kindness. Del and Chris--they might have their differences toward our music, but they allowed my songs to be turned into something people would like to listen to. Creativity sometimes can be a fighting word, and sometimes I have to be a referee, but I appreciate them, and we also have a lot in common. Ne'cole--a newer friend, but another who allows me to be me. In this world that I live in, it is hard sometimes to be me. I wish for you all the success you deserve. Farida--we may not talk much, but she has a big heart. Lenny--my other brother. Indirectly responsible for allowing the drama bug to bite me. I know I am forgetting people, but for now those are the people I want to thank. JJ? I hope your leak gets fixed. I want to see the records.

No comments: