Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fire Alarm

Yesterday was not a fun-filled day. To the contrary. It was filled with one crisis after another. First, I had a nosebleed. It wasn't too bad, but it was bad enough. I decided to stay around the condo, rather than what I wanted to do. I wasn't feeling too good. I did go out to a cafeteria for lunch. Shortly after I got back, there was a knock on the door, and it was a man who had come to turn off the electricity for non-payment. I was shocked, to say the least, because I didn't know the bill had not been paid. I thought my roommate was taking care of it. I tried calling him, but he didn't answer, so I paid the bill to prevent it being turned off. Then, I talked to my roommate, and he was livid. He blamed me for the bill not being paid, and I was scared. I didn't know what his frame of mind would be, and whether violence would be involved, so I left. I grabbed a few things and drove to Columbia. I saw some friends. I visited with my brother for a while and got some advice on how to proceed. I don't know what will happen next, but I do have some options. So, I went to the motel to get a little sleep. At 4am this morning, I was awakened by the fire alarm going off. First, I didn't know where I was, but once I got myself together, I dressed and went outside. The police was there, but not the fire department. In talking to some other people, they said the alarm had been going off for some time, but the authorities didn't seem too concerned. About 4:30, we heard the fire department coming down the street, but they soon left, finding nothing. I got a couple of hours more to sleep. So, I am heading back to Greenville today with the hope of things being a bit better. If not, I may be heading out of Dodge. It is rather scary. I am working without a net. God help us all.

No comments: