Friday, October 10, 2008

Smoking Mountains

I have written about my smoking life. Thankfully, I don't smoke anymore. I do think that I suffered some lung damage. I don't understand why people continue to smoke, despite all of the folks who have died from lung cancer and other illnesses. A lot of cities and towns have set up no smoking zones. Some have banned smoking completely. That must tell you something. My roommate smokes a lot. I wonder how much money he would save without smoking. I have heard that cigarettes are expensive. Also, the smoke gets in your clothes. I have been working with a friend to set up a collectibles store. She wanted me to bring in my concert t-shirts collection to sell. I was very happy to do that. They realized that the smell of cigarettes were all through the shirts, so they said they couldn't use them. I suppose that they could spray them with something to get rid of the odor, but the idea that I can't tell the difference sort of scares me. I guess I smell of smoke, too. What will it take for him to stop smoking? I have no idea. On one hand, I have a hard time being judgemental. I have tried to always think the best about people and not criticize. I have a friend who is in the adult film industry in California. I told her long ago that I would not judge her career, because everybody has to do something. I may not agree with it, but it is okay. As long as your heart is in the right place, everything else will fall into place. But, is there a point where I have to say something? Another reason why I can't criticize is that I know they have gotten that all their lives. They are tired of being told that something is wrong. I know, when I heard people telling me something was wrong, I usually did the opposite. I was tired of people telling me that something was wrong. But, when it affects money in my pocket, I get a little put out. You know, they say that everything you do somehow affects others somehow. I guess that's true. No matter how much you think you are doing things alone, you are never alone. So, smoke, smoke, smoke that cigarette. And, if I hear you coughing, I'll know why.

No comments: