Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Interview

Well, I got to Columbia in the pouring rain. And, yes, without working windshield wipers. If you are ever in that situation, Rain-X works very well. So, I got to Columbia Mall and got to see some friends. Then, I had the interview with Sears. I thought it went pretty well. There are two jobs available. The first is in TV's. That is straight commission. That is like walking a tightrope without a net. I would love to work in TV's, but I also would like to know that I am getting paid and how much. The other was in Tools, Lawn Care and Sporting Goods. The lady asked me if I knew anything about that stuff. I sold Sporting Goods years ago, and I also knew the difference between a hammer and a screwdriver. That job is a hourly rate plus commission. This interview was the first one, and then they said there would be call-backs in a couple of weeks with the job starting November 15th. I really would like something that I can depend on financially, but we will see what happens. I have put in so many applications and expressed interest in others that I have lost count, so hopefully someone will take a chance on me. I then went to the old apartments, where I used to live--Ravenwood. The manager was excited that I might move back there. Then, I went to my brother's house and reported on my day. Then, I met Del for dinner at Richland Mall. If I move back, he will be my roommate, maybe. Then, I spent the night with thankfully no fire alarm at 4am. But, I woke up at 4am anyway. One curse of wearing glasses is misreading my watch. I thought it said 7, but it was upside down. I am going back to Greenville probably later this afternoon. I know that there are a lot of layoffs around the country, but surely somebody needs me. Do you?

No comments: