Sunday, October 26, 2008

Nice Day

In my otherwise boring life, I treasure those times that give me a nice day. Without sounding too down, the reason that I liked working in retail was because every day was different. If you were lucky, you could say that every minute was different. I have had jobs that were very rigid and was the same. You had to do stuff to humor yourself just to stay sane. For example, when I worked in a vault at a bank, it was an 8-hour job, but I did something only twice a day, so there was a lot of down time. I read books and listened to music. When I worked for the Census, we processed forms all day long. I ended up looking for weird names, just to keep my mind busy. I need a job to keep my mind busy, just in case you are out there. So, yesterday was such a day. I went by my Best Bud's house. Joni and I spent some time at her house. Her father came over, and I got to talk to him for a few minutes. He is nice. Then, Joni and I went out to Columbiana Center for a shopping spree. It was fun to get out with her and with other people. I had forgotten how busy a mall could be. Columbia Mall used to be that way, before it turned into a ghetto mall. After about 4 hours with her, we said our goodbyes, and I headed on back to Greenville. It is great to see the leaves change. I think it is my favorite time of year. Except for the Laurens County deputy that got behind me and followed me for 10 miles, everything else yesterday was nice. You don't dare going over the speed limit, and I didn't. Don't give him an excuse. So, Joni. Thanks for a nice day. No, my arms aren't too sore today. I'll be your slave any day.

No comments: