Monday, September 15, 2008

Talula's Birthday

I hope I don't embarass her, but today is my friend Talula's birthday. I am not going to tell you how old she is, but I met her in college. You do the math. She is a wonderful person. When I talk about the fact that I like real people, Talula is the epitome of being real. She is a country girl. She grew up tending cows. In fact, the town in SC has cows on their street signs. She came to Anderson College as a freshman and got involved in our drama program. She played a wife of mine in "Blithe Spirit". We all had a tough time doing British accents, but I think Talula did a great attempt at it. She, Sandra and I worked in Mr. Vivian's office and became very close friends. We later went to Europe together. She was in the Miss Orangeburg County Pageant, and was named Miss Congeniality. It suited her. Talula and I have kept in contact over the years. When I was going through some tough times a couple of years ago, she kept me going. She seems to be a very centered person. Her kids and husband keep her centered, and she was able to tell me things were going to be all right. She lives in NC now. So, have a happy birthday, Talula. Thanks for being my friend. You are a special person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Walter! What a nice tribute to your dear friend! Sounds like you have very fond memories from your days back on stage together. Happy birthday T! thanks for sharing Walter!