Sunday, September 14, 2008

The News

One thing that really irritates me about Americans is when they say that they really don't know anything about what is going on in the news. They don't know about politics. They don't care about the hurricane in Texas. They haven't heard about the train wreck in California. They just go about their daily life. Get up. Go to work. Come home. Go to sleep. It is very foreign to me of anyone thinking that, but I know there are those out there like that. I know people like that. We are a community, whether they like it or not. If they want to live like that, give them an island and enjoy living there. So, here we are. A hurricane has destroyed portions of Texas. It will be a long time before they get up and running again. Maybe it wasn't New Orleans, but it is going to affect a lot of people. And for the people who didn't get out, were they the ones who didn't pay attention to the warnings? They may have paid for their ignorance with their lives. Then, we come to the train wreck in California. They still don't know how many people died there. But, it is a horrible event. And then, we hear about a terrible plane crash in Russia. Events where innocent people die. No fault of their own. Then, there is the Presidential race. I wish I could vote for President and Vice President separately. I am not convinced for who I am going to vote for, but I am going to vote. It is my duty as an American and a citizen. So, you may want to stick your head in the sand and not see what is going on around you. But, the truth is that the things that go on around you affect you. Next time that you go get gas, think about it.

No comments: