Monday, September 29, 2008

Golf Tournament

There is a golf tournament today in Columbia to benefit the Richland County Sheriff's Foundation. My friend Joni is president of the foundation, and thus in charge of the tournament. Another friend named Jonathon (wink, wink) is on the board. Joni has just started a new job. She is a very busy person. She works in the community on projects. She cares for her father. She also cares for her ailing dog. She goes to all the USC football games, and she loves to travel. She has a very full life, and I am glad to call her a dear friend. Last year, Joni came in to Macy's very stressed. She had to get some prizes for the golfers, and I helped her choose the right gifts. I was telling her to take deep breaths and try to chill. I knew that wasn't going to work for her, but it was good to say. I hope that sometime today she will be able to just sit for a minute. But, if she is anything like me, she will want to have everything to go perfectly. We are both perfectionists. It is hard to live upto that expectation. But then, after all is said and done, you can look back on your work and know you did a good job. So Joni? Enjoy your day. I wish I was there with you today. Say a prayer. Take a deep breath. You'll be okay.

No comments: