Monday, August 25, 2008

Road Trip

Yesterday, I went out to find something to eat. I really didn't know what I wanted to eat, but I had $5 to use, so I didn't want to go anywhere for more. So, I guess that limited me to fast food. But, what to eat? I didn't really feel like chicken or beef. I had fish the day before. I just didn't know, so I began to drive. I had read about a place in Greenville County called Pelham, where the county sort of started. Not too far from where I live. And I had an Uncle named Pelham, so off I went. I got to Pelham but didn't see the spot I was looking for. I continued on. I thought about the fact I had never been to Woodruff, SC and have friends there. So, I headed on to Woodruff. When I got there, it wasn't nearly as big as I thought. A lot of the storefronts were empty. They did have a KFC and a Burger King, but I just didn't feel like that food, so I kept going. I saw a sign toward Fountain Inn. I knew where that was and was thinking about heading back toward Greenville. I got on a winding road that was absolutely wonderful. My car is old now, but it really liked taking the curves fast. Nobody on the road but me. It was a lot of fun. But, I was getting hungry, but still no luck in seeing anything I wanted. Finally, I found myself back in Greenville, and guess what I ate? McDonald's. But, it was a cool trip. I have a friend named Thom. He has a job where he travels around the state selling and servicing ATM machines. He knows a lot of backroads in the state. Thom, the road between Woodruff and Fountain Inn is cool.

No comments: