Saturday, August 16, 2008

Prayer Chains

We all have gotten those emails that say the person, who sent it to you, is praying for you. You, in turn, need to send it to everyone in your address book, including the person who sent it to you. That would mean that a lot of people would be praying for you, and you would pray for them. I must admit two things about this process. First, I do send it around to people in my email address book. Second, I don't send it to everybody. As I have said before, I am a firm believer that prayer works. I would be dead without prayer. Refer to my blog about the freezer incident. But, I also understand that not everybody believes as I do. I know that some people do not believe in prayer, much less in God. I have to respect that. I know too that it would be an opportunity to share my faith with those who do not believe, but I believe that prayer is so important that I don't want it to fall on deaf ears. I need prayer for many things. We all do. I am a firm believer that the more people pray for something, the more likely it will happen. But, what if I don't send the email to 7 people? What if I just send it to 6? I don't think that really matters. I also don't believe that something good will necessarily happen within a time frame. For example, if you send it to a lot of people, your answer to prayer will happen quicker. That means that you are telling God how fast He needs to act. Prayer, as with friends, is a comfort. We must pray for one another. Prayer is power. My prayer request, for those who believe, is that I might get a job, where I can use my talents, either writing or finding people. Pray for me.

No comments: