Friday, August 15, 2008

A Down Day

Sometimes one must have a down day. I guess that is today. Yes, I know I have friends. Yes, I know I am loved. It is always nice to hear it, and I truly appreciate it. But, I am coming off of an illness that caused me to go to the hospital. I guess they will want some money for that, and I may not have enough. One does not budget illness, so here's hoping that they don't want much. The good news is that I lost a little excess weight that I had gained. Yesterday was the first day since Monday that I had solid food. I tolerated it okay, so I should be able to start building myself back up, whatever that means. My roommate is ill. I hope I didn't give him what I had. I don't think so. He sleeps a lot and complains a lot. I have a hard time with people who complain. Why? My father was a complainer. He had a very low threshold of pain. He would moan all the time, and I just kind of got used to his moaning. We never knew if he was truly in need of help, or that he just wanted attention. So, if I seem a little callous, I'm sorry. I am normally a very caring person, but I have a character flaw. I am not a mind reader. If you are hurting, tell me. Don't just lay there and moan. And by the way, if I say that I am hurting, please say you are sorry, or ask how I am doing. You don't even have to mean it. Just put on a front that you care. Okay, I now have that off of my chest. I feel better now. Thanks for caring.

1 comment:

Katie said...

FYI: I read everyday! Glad you're feeling a bit better!