Saturday, August 23, 2008

Joe Biden

Joe Biden was named as Barack Obama's running mate and vice presidential candidate. I think it was a good choice. It was not a time to open up a can of worms with Hillary Clinton. The voters will come around after the convention. I don't want to get into a political debate right now, as I have not decided how I will vote. Historically, I have voted Republican for President. That may seem odd, since I consider myself more of a Democrat, but the Presidential race tends to me more about character and moral leadership than substance. It is too early to tell how I will go this time around. I met Joe Biden at an event at the State House last fall. He was running for President at the time, and he was holding a press conference at the State House. I was there. I was very impressed with Biden's ability to spout out facts and statistics. It was obvious that he was very smart. After the press conference, there was a time for meet and greet. Some people got autographs. I wish I did too, but didn't. When he came to me, I told him that I was a college rep for McGovern for President in 1972. He said to me that it must have been a very lonely job. We had a laugh about that, and also about the fact that our hair was both a lot longer than it is now. I found him to have a good sense of humor and personable. I had heard that he was aloof, but I found him to be the opposite. I know there are people who don't know Joe Biden, but I can tell you that I liked him, for what it's worth. You have to look at a VP as would he be a good President, if the situation arose? I think the answer is yes. Good luck, Joe.

No comments: