Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Anticipation Part 2

Okay, I stayed here all day yesterday, except for a quick trip to the post office. I washed clothes, so I could stick around waiting for my UPS package. They had called and gave me a tracking number. They said I needed to be present to sign for it, so it seemed rather important. It was to be delivered by 7pm. Once during the day, I saw the UPS truck drive by, so I thought that it was in the neighborhood. So, when 7pm came and no package, I went online to run the tracking number and found that the package had been delivered at 5:15pm and signed for. Well, guess what? It wasn't me. So, I called UPS. First, I got a recording and I spoke the tracking number. They told me what address it had been delivered to, which was about 5 miles from here. So, I wanted to speak to a real person. There wasn't an option on the menu for that. I think there is now, after I yelled "I want to speak to a real person!!!!" I got a real person. It was obvious that they had dialed the wrong number to call to say I was getting a package and gave me a tracking number. I explained to them that I had stayed here all day waiting for a non-existant package. They apologized. I told them that perhaps, when they make that call, they need to use the customer's name, so we could figure it out if it was meant for the person called or not. The package was not meant for me. I wasn't expecting a package from UPS. But, I can't tell you the number of things I thought about as to why I would be getting a UPS package that required a signature. A wasted day yesterday. At least, I have clean clothes.

No comments: