Thursday, June 26, 2008

Style and Class

As you know, I have never married. There are a lot of reasons for that, but one of them is that I think my standards are a bit high. In looking for psychological reasons, one may be because of my obsession for beauty. Even as a child, I used to watch beauty pageants on TV and pick the winner. I was pretty good at that. I also saw pretty actresses get the guys. I saw pretty girls at my school get the guys. I wasn't very handsome, despite what my mother told me. Girls were just not too interested in me. In my quest for love, I came up with my criteria for what to look for in a girl. She needs to be attractive. That is a bit subjective. I don't want to alienate anyone or suggest that beauty is too important, but I think it would be good if she is pleasing to the eye. Another quality is sense of humor. I have a rather bizarre sense of humor. It is somewhat dry and quick. She needs to understand my humor and be funny herself. She also needs to be somewhat intelligent. I don't need a Mensa member, but I don't need an airhead either. I just need someone who can carry on a conversation. Lastly, there is the words "style" and "class". What does that mean? It may be the reason why I am not married. I know it, when I see it. She needs to be someone who is confident, without being stuck-up. She must have an air about her. An ambience. Looking back on my girlfriends, they all had some of those qualities, but not quite all. I think Wanda might have come the closest. But, I can't really compare one to another. Each one had their own sense of style. I have no regrets about any of them. As I get older, it may become a bit easier because of current situations. Women are getting divorced. Spouses leave or die. It is the reality of age and situation. I can no longer think about going out with someone under 30, not that there is anything wrong with that. It is just that I am getting older, and I need to think of someone who can identify with my life's experience. For example, she needs to know that Paul McCartney was in The Beatles, not just Wings or had a bad divorce with Heather Mills. So, as I go on in life, I hope she is out there. I think she is. She just needs to know me. I think she does. Some things need to change before that happens. Maybe one day.

No comments: