Saturday, May 31, 2008

It's Hot

Summertime has arrived. Anybody not from South Carolina wouldn't understand what we go through every year about this time. It gets hot. I know something about heat. I lived in Texas, where it got over 100 for three weeks straight. The roads melted. Here though it is the humidity which is a killer. Wanda used to say that she was about to sweat, when she got hot. I think we are supposed to perspire, but instead we sweat. When I was a kid, we didn't have air conditioning, and things were okay. As I have gotten older, it seems that I can't stand the heat. Maybe that's why you hear about the elderly dying in the summer without a fan. I am not saying I am elderly, mind you, but every day I get a little closer. When I went to Puerto Rico, they said be aware that it is going to be very hot. It was. Probably because it is closer to the Equator, or that it is near water. Either way, it was hot. So, I guess I will be sweating off a few pounds this summer. Joy joy.

No comments: