Thursday, May 22, 2008

Family Reunion

Tomorrow, I leave for a three-day trip to Richmond VA. I am flying, thanks to the graciousness of a cousin. The plane will go from Greenville to Cleveland OH before going on to Richmond. I don't really know why Cleveland, but I have never been to Ohio before, so it will be another state I can count. I think that will bring it to 30 states I have been to. I have been to Richmond before a couple of times. In fact, my parents used to live there before I was born. My father was on the staff of First Baptist Church. As an irony, on May 25th, it will be my parents' 71st wedding anniversary. A friend of mine named Paige got married around 27 years ago on May 25th, because she said it obviously was good luck for my parents. Paige and George are still married. The reunion that I am going to is for the people on my Mother's side. Many of them live in Alabama, which is where my Mother was from. They are all very nice people and have been successful in their chosen fields. I'm going, because I didn't get to go to the last one they had a few years ago. So, I am leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again (actually I do). Have a happy and safe holiday.

No comments: