Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Reunion Weekend

Well, boys and girls, we are back from a delightful weekend in Richmond, VA for our family reunion. The food was wonderful. The hotel was nice. And, the flight wasn't too bad. A little bumpy at first, but Bonine is a magic drug. I take back a lot of impressions from the weekend. I met a lot of cousins that I didn't know I had. Almost all of them have blue eyes, which seems to be a Merrill trait. I found out that we have a restored castle in France, and a gold mine in Alabama. I may be going to one or the other before too long. Keith, you and your wife were gracious and patient hosts. Thanks for that. It is truly amazing how much we all have in common. I guess we can blame it on the genes. Now that I have spent some time in Richmond, it will be nice to go back. I can't really say that about Cleveland, although I spent a total of about an hour there between the connections. I guess it is a nice place, but their airport needs to be the gateway to the city, and it didn't make that great of an impression. Since the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is in Cleveland, I would suggest a motif of that to put in the airport. Or something of the sports teams. Just a suggestion. Everyone should have a family reunion once in a while. It truly makes you feel special.

No comments: