Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Addictive Behavior

My mother was a very wise woman. One thing I remember her telling me was that I have a personality that is rather addictive. She didn't mean that in a bad way, such as alcohol or drugs. She said that if I ever fell in love with someone, that I would fall head over heels for her, and it would consume my life. Mothers are very intuitive. When I fell in love with Pam, it was a mind-altering experience. When I fell in love with Sandra, my life revolved around her. When I fell in love with Kare, I was going through my alcohol phase. When I fell in love with Wanda, she encouraged my creativity. Each time along the way, my love has been a time of being consumed by feelings and promoting my creativity. We may be heading in that direction again. So, addiction to love, much like the Robert Palmer song, does not have to be a bad thing. As long as I don't turn into a stalker. Then, we will have problems. So, how will you know if I am on that path again? I will start writing more songs. That is usually how it goes. For about 10 years, I had writer's block. That is a horrible feeling. Nothing is on my mind to express. A writer needs to write. In the past year, the words are starting to come back. So, we'll see.

No comments: