Sunday, May 4, 2008

Evil Cell Phones

I am not a fan of cell phones. I had a pre-paid one, but the minutes ran out. I think it won't work anymore. My belief is that cell phone companies have grown to rip-off the consumer. Why does everyone need a cell phone? Do we need to talk that much to others? I can see getting one if you have kids to keep up with them. But, what every happened to privacy. Sometimes, you just need to have time by yourself without distractions. Remember CB's? They were fun to have on trips. But now, cell phones are everywhere. So, I am now looking to get a cell phone. I think I want a pre-paid again, since my credit is bad. If anybody has any suggestions of what I should get, please let me know. I have a landline phone now, and I pay around $30 a month for it. So, I don't want to spend more than that for a cell phone. The only reason I would like one I think would be in case of an emergency. I still think they are evil.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Walt-
its cheaper to get one that isn't prepaid. Especially if you aren't going to use it that often. try suncom- they have plans for about 30 bucks a month...i think you get like 300 minutes or so...

Katie said...

2 Things: #1, be wary of Suncom.I used to work in a collection agency and Suncom was one of our clients. A LOT of hidden fees and things.

#2. Cell phones and MySpace are the evils of this century. I was broken up with via text message. I can't help but to think if I didn't have a cell phone, maybe he would have shown his cowardly face and done it in person.