Thursday, May 15, 2008

Conspiracy Theories

I have always believed that Lee Harvey Oswald did not act alone, nor did James Earl Ray. There are times in life when big events like that could not be accomplished by one person. I am not going to get into a discussion on history or controversy right now, but it brings up a point that needs to be discussed. As this is my 100th post in my blog, I wanted to talk today about the importance in my life of a few people, and how others want to see something different. I worked with a good bunch of people for almost 12 years, before I decided to make a life-changing decision. As much as I hated to leave these people, it became increasingly obvious to me that I was going to die and take others with me, if I didn't leave. The stress at work was too hard to take. It was much worse than the final days at Belk, and I didn't think anything could be worse than that. Incompetent people put in supervisory positions makes it impossible to work. But, having said that, I deeply care about a few people that I worked with. In particular--Joni, Peggy, Ne'cole, James and Deloris. I live such a spartan existence that it makes my heart jump for joy, when I see these people again. They make me laugh, and I can have meaningful conversations with them. It is a time that makes me feel alive. It is a time that I sorely miss. So, from time to time, I visit them. Now, there are other more shallow fringe people at my former job who murmur things. They spread rumors. They suggest theories that I am down there to try and get my old job back. If it meant that I wouldn't have to work with the incompetent managers, then yes I would like to come back. But, life is not like that. The reality is that it is not a rosy place. Why would I want to subject myself to that abuse again? I may be weird, but not that weird. I will admit though that I like to mess with some people's minds. "Let's give them something to talk about..." When I worked at Belk, being single around a lot of young girls was quite nice. I went out a lot with the girls to dinner, Carowinds, and other places. The store had a lot of rumors swirling about how many girls I was dating. I used to say that if all of that were true, I would be dead from a heart attack. But, I had friends. I believe in friends. I have life-long friends. People that I care about. People that I am concerned about. And, dare I say it without more rumors starting, people that I love. So, to all those shallow minds out there, who do not know me, go ahead and spread your rumors. It doesn't matter to me. And, to all my real friends, please let me go on loving you and thanks for letting me visit from time to time. It does my heart good. In closing today on my 100th post, I want to quote from a Carpenters song--"You've got to love me for what I am, For simply being me."

No comments: