Tuesday, May 13, 2008

eBay

I have been selling stuff via mail order since 1988. That was when my father finally convinced me that I could make money selling my stuff. He just wanted it out of the house, because it was causing the foundation to sag, and one wall in my bedroom cracked. I began selling records, videos, and posters. I went to record shows and antique shows around South Carolina and into North Carolina. I got a reputation of being fair and honest with customers. I put ads in collector magazines. Then, the internet got big. I began selling on eBay 10 years ago and did okay. Mostly records, cd's, autographs, and memorabilia. A couple of years ago, I discovered Amazon, and have a store there. I was able to list a lot of things, including books, and have done okay there too. I really would like to open my own pop memorabilia store, so if anyone wants to contribute to that, feel free. I have "out-of-the-box" ideas on how to make it work. Without giving anything away, it would be a multi-media store. One thing I have found out about myself is that other people underestimate my abilities, and are pleasantly surprised. You see it in the deal about me being picked last for sports. You see it in folks being surprised about my acting talents. You see it in folks being surprised in my writing talents. And, you see it in folks being surprised about my selling techniques. So, all I ask is a chance. In the meantime, if you are looking for something in particular, let me know. I probably have it, or can get it for you.

No comments: