Thursday, April 17, 2008

Friends

Friends are a very important part of my world. Since I didn't have many growing up, the ones I had were very special--Richard, Sonny, Lenny, Mary Ellen, Karen, and others. As I grew older, I found that friends were actually easier to come by. I don't know why that is, unless the more mature you are the less faults you see in some one. I once told a cop that the definition of a friend is someone who would rescue you, if you had fallen off a cliff and were hanging by a root with one hand, trying not to fall into the ravine below. Most people I know would look at you hanging there and comment on it. Or, they would call 911 for help, but they wouldn't risk their lives to save yours. Friends come in many forms and many degrees of friendom (if that's a word). Elton John had a great song in the early 1970's called "Friends". If you aren't familiar with it, look it up. It kind of sums up my feelings on friends. So, to my current slate of friends--Jimmy, Del, Chris, Aubrey, Joni, Peggy, Konnie, Farida, and Curtis, I just want to say thanks. I haven't fallen off the cliff yet, but if I do, I'll call you.

No comments: