Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Big Brother

There are a few current TV shows that I really like--NCIS, ER, Deal or No Deal, Amnesia, and anything sports. I have begun watching Law & Order, since there were a lot of reruns during the writer's strike. But, I am passionate about Big Brother. Ever since the first season (the current one is #9), I just can't get enough of Big Brother. I go online and see what is happening between the CBS shows. I know what is going to happen before it does. Last year, I even subscribed to Showtime to get the live feeds. I am obsessed with Big Brother. I guess it is because it isn't scripted and is the ultimate in reality TV. Could you be in a house with other people for 3 months and only one (or two) bathrooms? People you didn't like for the most part? For the ultimate goal of $500,000? It's great!! I had a friend named Jim Thompson, who was our maintenance man at Macy's. He shared my passion for Big Brother. I would tell him what was going to happen, and then he would tell his wife and look like a psychic. Jim has moved on to Heaven. Our mutual friend Joni told me after his death that now Jim knows who won in Big Brother. I thought that was sweet. So, as I continue to watch it 3 times a week until the finale, don't call me during Big Brother. Then, guess what? The show starts anew this summer. I can't wait!!!

No comments: