Monday, April 21, 2008

Fish

I used to like to eat fish. Then, I went to Israel. At a restaurant overlooking the Sea of Galilee at Tiberias, we ordered fish. You could watch them catch the fish outside the restaurant. The water had a gas slick on it. They brought the fish in unscaled, and gave you a knife and fork. They had thrown the fish in boiling water to kill it and then served it. People had visions of disecting class in school. The head was still on it. It was incredibly gross. So, I stopped eating fish for a long time. One day, I had some fish, quite by accident, and started liking it again. Now, I eat fish. It just goes to show that time heals all wounds. I used to also own fish. In college, my roommate and I got fish. Pablo and Bernie were their names. We bought some stuff to take the chlorine out of the water. It said one drop per gallon take. There was a lot of chlorine, so we put in several more drops. Pablo and Bernie died. We had a funeral by flushing them down the toilet. I had a fighting fish named Herman. He did very well. Herman was a great fish. I put a Pooh bear next to the tank, and Herman would nestle up to the edge of the bowl to be near Pooh. I attached a small plastic fish with a paper clip to keep Herman company. He ate the metal off of the paper clip and died. I haven't had any fish as pets since.

No comments: