Monday, April 21, 2008

Dreams

I love dreams. I dream in color. They say the more creative people dream in color, while others dream in black and white. My dreams are usually pretty vivid. I can remember most of my dreams. I have dreamt lyrics to songs. They say that is how Paul McCartney wrote "Yesterday". Most of my dreams though involve chases. I don't put much stock into the meaning of dreams. I think that dreams are a subconcious release of your thoughts of the day. After my father died, I was dreaming every night about him. Most of the dreams would cause me to awake screaming. I was questioning my fragile sanity. Then my friend Jimmy, who had lost his father a few years before, told me to think of the dreams as "visits". The dreams started to subside. As for last night, Joni was a truck mechanic that crawled up under the hood to get to the motor. She was in a competition with other mechanics to get a truck fixed first. I have no idea why I had that dream. But, she got dirty, and later she was cleaned up. You fill in the middle part (and you would be right). Okay, it is getting warm in here.

No comments: